With many of our favorite events back in full swing, we wanted to celebrate with another club challenge! So, we’re pleased to introduce the re-launch of the SB Tri Club Championship!
Our goal with this challenge is to have fun while supporting our local races and events in the process. To that end, the Club has selected a variety of swimming, biking, running, and multi-sport races and events that we believe highlight the best of what our community has to offer the local athlete. Members participate to earn points and the members with the highest points will win prizes at the end-of-season party!
Challenge Categories and Eligibility
Members can participate in as many of the events as you choose. At the end of the year, we will tally your scores and award the top three male and female winners.
If there is a tie, the member who participated in the most events will win the tie-breaker.
Important Note: You must be an active, registered SB Tri Club member on the day of the event in order to be eligible to earn points for that event. (We will be checking results against the membership roster at the time of the event).
How to Earn Points
|Earn 50 points for each of the following events you participate in:||Earn 50 points for each of the following events that you volunteer at:||Earn Bonus points if you place in the Top 3 of your age group in any of the following events:|
Participate in any of the Championship events listed above and earn 50 points for each event, regardless of performance.
Come support our local events and club sponsors by volunteering at any of the following races and earn 50 points per event:
Lake San Antonio Triathlon, Goleta Beach Run, Goleta Beach Triathlon, Santa Barbara Triathlon
Volunteering and Racing at the same event? You can earn 50 points for each!
If you place in the top three for your age group (as determined by the race organizer), you will receive bonus points. Bonus points will be awarded as follows:
- 100 point bonus for 1st place
- 75 point bonus for 2nd place
- 50 point bonus for 3rd place
Performance bonus points are only available at select races. Earn these bonus points at the following events:
Cal Tri Ventura, Goleta Beach Triathlon, Santa Barbara Triathlon
Performance bonus points are awarded on top of participation and volunteer points.
Club Championship Events At-A-Glance:
- Lake San Antonio Triathlon (May 1) - volunteer points available!
- Cal Tri Ventura (May 15) - performance points available!
- Monday Night TT (June 13) - this is the only night that will earn you points
- Goleta Beach Run (June 18) - volunteer points available!
- Steve’s Triathlon (June 25)
- Nite Moves (July 13) - this is the only night that will earn you points
- Goleta Beach Triathlon (July 31) - volunteer and performance points available!
- Reef n Run (August 11) - this is the only night that will earn you points
- SB Triathlon (August 27/28) - volunteer and performance points available!