The Santa Barbara Triathlon Club is for multi-sport athletes of all abilities. Whether your goal is to complete your first sprint triathlon or the Hawaii Ironman, we train, race, offer encouragement, but most of all, have FUN! We work, play, and train in the beautiful coastal city of Santa Barbara, California.
Come visit us at our next meeting or join us on a training ride!
Not a member and want to get the newsletter? Signup Below!
Thank You 2020 Sponsors
Upcoming Club Events
CLUB DISCOUNT CODE AVAILABLE TO PAID MEMBERS ONLY (must be logged in to see the discount code)
In addition to the awesome triathlon and aquabike events, new for 2020 is a bike only ride for those that would just like to cycle on the closed roads (no traffic what a concept!) on the morning of May 17th. It's a point to point, Venice to DTLA. Race officials will have bike transportation back to Venice beach if cyclist perfer not to ride back or they can take the train back to T1 in Venice Beach.
The course, constructed by one of our own local favorites, and international Race Director, Brennan Lindner of Generic Events, will have its start in iconic Venice Beach and traverse multiple neighborhoods on its way to a dramatic finish at L.A. Live in Downtown. More information can be found on the official website: www.herbalife24tri.la
For any questions please reach out to LA Tri Club's Managing Director, Deb Carabet at [email protected]
News & Updates
Train with the Santa Barbara Triathlon Club
- SB Swim Club Masters workouts / Los Banos Del Mar
- Open Water
- Nite Moves / Leadbetter / Wednesday evenings from May to August
- Reef and Run / East Beach / Thursday evenings from June to August
- Ocean Ducks (informal group swims)
- Carpinteria (group swim)
- Carpinteria State Beach Sunday @ 11am off of Ash Ave. (near Linden)
Weekly, on Saturdays (or as otherwise noted)
Please check out these Road riding Rules of Etiquette
Arrive promptly at 8:00 am for mandatory pre-ride briefing:
- Location: East Beach
- 8:05 Group (17-20 mph average)
- This group is for experienced riders
- This is a "drop" group
- Rolls out promptly at 8:05 am
- Monthly Club Ride (all riding levels)
- This is a "no-drop" ride with leaders for various rider levels
- Check calendar for specific dates and locations
** In inclement weather (rain), rides will be considered cancelled. Use your best judgement if in doubt.
Monday Night Time Trials
- Every 2nd Monday at 6pm (March through October), show up early.
- Free and self-timed.
- For more info visit, mondaynighttimetrial.com
- All levels encouraged and welcome.