SB Tri Club needs YOU! We have several open positions on the board and support board. Come help out your Tri Club and make a difference in what we do in 2020. Please contact [email protected] for more information or to join.
What does being on the Board entail?
As a member of the board you will:
- Attend board meetings for: annual planning (typically 2 meetings before the first Formal Club Meeting of the year), ad hoc as needed through the main season, 1x for End of Season planning
- Lead the coordination of at least one club event per year (i.e. a Formal Meeting, event like Battle in the Sands, or a Happy Hour, etc.) NOTE: you do not need to do all of the planning, you just have to make sure it all gets done by someone. Everyone helps!
- Which leads us to... Support other board members as able in event coordination. Common tasks include ordering food or chairs, picking up and bringing supplies or the club EZ-Up, securing speakers, etc.
- Participate in email communications planning club events, researching and sharing ideas, etc.
- Typical time commitment is an hour or two a month
- The brains and hands that help make it all happen!
- Responsibilities are as listed above, or can also take on aspects of the roles below that are of interest
We are looking for someone who will help with race discounts and race reports! This could be a support board role or taken on by any member of the Board.
We need to transition on a new treasurer during the 2020 season. Throughout 2020, you will shadow and learn the role and fully take over by the end of 2020.
In addition to responsibilities listed above, the Treasurer also:
- Oversees budget and spending, and bank account activity
- Receive and process payments, pay vendors (food, chair rentals, facilities)
- Process reimbursements to any member or board member
- File club taxes
- Provide financial reports
- Monthly bank recs (QB online)
Knowledge of QuickBooks, basic accounting/financial knowledge or background preferred.
We hope that you'll love serving on the board with us!
Please contact [email protected] for more information or to join.