The Santa Barbara Triathlon Club is for multi-sport athletes of all abilities. Whether your goal is to complete your first sprint triathlon or the Hawaii Ironman, we train, race, offer encouragement, but most of all, have FUN! We work, play, and train in the beautiful coastal city of Santa Barbara, California.
Come visit us at our next meeting or join us on a training ride!
Upcoming Club Events
Mar 4 – Mar 5 all-day
Saturday, March 4, 2017
Sprint Triathlon Start time 7:30 am
500 Meter Swim - 14 Mile Bike - 3 Mile Run
Sprint Dualthlon Start time 7:35 am
1 Mile Run - 14 Mile Bike - 3 Mile Run
Sunday, March 5, 2017
International Triathlon Start time 7:30 am
3/4 Mile Swim - 24 Mile Bike - 6 Mile Run
Aqua Bike Start time 7:30 am
3/4 Mile Swim - 24 Mile Bike
Come join us for this world-renown event at beautiful Lake Cahuilla in La Quinta. Nestled against the awesome Santa Rosa Mountains and only 30 minutes from Palm Springs, this venue offers tremendous vistas while providing a very fast and fun race course. There are awards, music, prizes and post-race refreshments. All entrants receive a beautiful poly-pro tech race shirt and all finishers receive a medal. There are additional awards for top three men, women and relay teams in each age group. The sprint course is a great first timer event. We also have relay teams in both events.
The Desert Triathlon will also host the Triathlon Club Championship where your club will compete for cash and prizes while having a blast. We have over 75 different clubs from around the country and Canada compete for the title. We offer two categories, a small club category (175 active members or less) and a large club category (over 175 active members).
Mar 11 all-day
May 20 all-day
19th annual Breath of Life Ventura Triathlon/Relay will be held on Sunday, June 26, 2016 at Ventura Harbor, Ventura, CA. All proceeds from this charity event will go towards the improvement of treatment facility at local hospitals supporting children diagnosed with Primary Immunodeficiency (PI). We encourage athletes to perform their own fundraising in support of this cause.
Post Race Party: After the race plan on hanging out for the party and enjoy the hosted Barbecue, Beer Garden (21 and older participants) Food Fair and music. This party is our way of thanking everyone for helping the Dina LaVigna Breath of Life Fund.
• Fast, flat and scenic course
• Timing chips for all racers
• Post Race BBQ
• Beer Garden for all participants ages 21 and over
• USAT sanctioned race
• USAT Southwest Region Talent ID Series event
Sprint/Relay (Swim 750m, Bike 20.4km, Run 5km)
International/Relay (Swim 1.5km, Bike 40km, Run 10km)
Commemorative awards will be given to the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place finishers in each age group.
Medals for all finishers.
2017 SB Triathlon Sponsors
News & Updates
Train with the Santa Barbara Triathlon Club
- SB Swim Club Masters workouts / Los Banos Del Mar
- Open Water
- Nite Moves / Leadbetter / Wednesday evenings from May to August
- Reef and Run / East Beach / Thursday evenings from June to August
- Ocean Ducks (informal group swims)
- Carpinteria (group swim)
- Carpinteria State Beach Sunday @ 11am off of Ash Ave. (near Linden)
Saturdays, promptly at 8:15am:
- East Beach
- Tucker's Grove
- 1st Saturday #WeAreSBTri Unified Ride
- New Members and New Cyclists Welcome (SAG Support present)
- East Beach and Tucker's regulars, check Website Calendar and ride where the unified group is riding that day.
Monday Night Time Trials
- Every 2nd Monday at 6pm, show up early.
- Free and self-timed.
- For more info visit, mondaynighttimetrial.com
- All levels encouraged and welcome.