Join us every Wednesday evening for a group Running Interval session designed to build race-ready fitness and speed. This is open to all athlete levels and all Tri Club members are welcome to attend. If you are new to our interval workouts or just want to get a bit of a refresher of what to expect, check out this post (keep in mind when referring to "track" workouts, that can also include "off-track" interval workouts such as we will be doing): Read Post Here
Workouts are coached by TWM Coach Cindy Abrami.
We meet at the West End of the East Beach Parking Lot (where Milpas Street intersects with Cabrillo Blvd, and the grass area begins). There is parking in the parking lot (parking pass required) or along nearby streets (free).
Arrive by 6:00 PM, we should be finished no later than 7:15-7:30 PM (see workout schedule below)
All workouts will take place in the surrounding area, often around the large grass area that makes up part of Chase Palm Park, sometimes around the ball field on the other side of the street and occasionally toward the Bird Refuge and cemetery area.
Each workout is unique and we aim for fun but also with a "let's work hard" mindset.
- During our group talk and workout summary, when we gather at the beginning of the workout, please wear a mask to comply with current regulations. You do not need to keep the mask on during the workout unless you want to.
- When you arrive at 6:00 PM, on your own, plan to go for a 10-15 minute easy jog warm up and return back to the parking lot ready to begin by 6:15.
- From 6:15-6:30 we will be doing technique drills, strides and any additional preparation for the workout.
- From 6:30 to 7:15 will be our main set
- Warm down at 7:15, done by 7:30 (at the latest)